Jennifer A Mignano-Brady
Visiting Assistant Professor
English & Humanities
- M.S. in Education & English, Mercy College
- B.A. in Journalism, Iona College
Jennifer Mignano -Brady is an enthusiastic educator with a passion for teaching and for learning. As an accomplished documentary photographer, she relishes in working with people and bringing her subjects to life on camera. As a New York City educator for five years, she has had the amazing opportunity of teaching American Literature, British Literature, Writing Composition, and Journalism. As a photojournalist, she had the opportunity to publish her work in “Studio Photography & Design” and intern at Magnum Photography Agency in NYC.
Jennifer has developed and created workshops for Writing in Disciplines here on campus that encourage her students to creatively think, write and publish their work. She has been afforded the opportunity to study 20th Century Women’s Rights Movements through the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History at Harvard University.
She participates in organizations such as the National Italian American Foundation and the Northport Arts Coalition. Current projects include, “Spirit” a photographic essay documenting the many facets of life through the complexities of the human condition and “What’s Left: Acculturation & Assimilation leaves us Italian-less” a lyrical essay highlighting 21st Century Italian Americanism.
“I love teaching at Farmingdale! When I am not teaching, I am cooking, hiking, swimming or traveling with my camera. I am a lover of life.”
“Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- NEMLA Panelist, "New Genres in Pedagogy," March 2013.
- Suffolk County Writing Festival, "Blogging to Encourage Critical Thinking," 2013.
- Suffolk County Writing Festival, "Active Learning: Building a Thematic Unit and Effective Writing Assignments," 2014.
- Golden Key International Honor Society, Honorary Member, April 2013
- Chancellors Award for Excellence in Adjunct Teaching, 2017.
- Students First Grant, 2017.