National Organizations and Associations
What follows is a partial list of national professional organizations and associations that provide resources and organize conferences for university faculty and student affairs professionals.
- American Council on Education (ACE) is the only higher education organization that represents presidents and chancellors of all types of U.S. accredited, degree-granting institutions, including community colleges and four-year institutions, private and public universities, and nonprofit and for-profit colleges.
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) is the leading national association concerned with the quality, vitality, and public standing of undergraduate liberal education. Its members are committed to extending the advantages of a liberal education to all students, regardless of academic specialization or intended career.
- The Council on Undergraduate Research(CUR)'s mission is to support and promote high-quality undergraduate student-faculty collaborative research and scholarship.
- The Forum on Education Abroad is a 501(c)(3) non-profit association recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice
and the Federal Trade Commission as the Standards Development Organization (SDO) for
the field of education abroad.
Located on the campus of Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, The Forum on Education Abroad is the only organization whose exclusive purpose it is to serve the field of education abroad. The Forum's Standards of Good Practice are recognized as the definitive means by which the quality of education abroad programs may be judged. The Forum's Quality Improvement Program for Education Abroad (QUIP) uses the Standards as part of a rigorous self-study and peer review quality assurance program that is available to all Forum institutional members.
- New York Campus Compact is an association of college and university presidents and their campuses committed to promoting active citizenship as an aim of higher education. NYCC encourages member institutions and prospective members to utilize the resources available on this site for college and university presidents, community service and service learning coordinators, faculty and students.
- The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) This is an association of professional advisors, counselors, faculty, administrators and students working to enhance the educational development of students.
- The National Association of Fellowship Advisors (NAFA) Following years of growth and change in the area of prestigious scholarship advising, several university staff/faculty members met in Chicago in May 2000, to discuss an organization for addressing issues common to the profession. The National Association of Fellowships Advisors (NAFA) is the result of those talks. Our mission is to serve higher education administrators and faculty who assist college-level students with applications for an array of nationally competitive, merit-based scholarships.
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment NILOA's primary objective is to discover and disseminate ways that academic programs and institutions can productively use assessment data internally to inform and strengthen undergraduate education, and externally to communicate with policy makers, families and other stakeholders.
- The Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education is an association of higher education professionals dedicated to enhancing teaching and learning by supporting educational developers and leaders in higher education. This higher education organization boasts a membership of faculty, academic administrators, teaching and learning center staff, faculty development coordinators, program evaluators, assessment professionals, and many others dedicated to advancing the quality of teaching and learning in higher education.
Office of the Provost
Horton Hall, Room 230
Dr. Laura Joseph
Provost & VP for Academic Affairs
Admin. Assistant to the Provost
Assistant to the Provost
Admin. Assistant to the Assistant to the Provost
Dr. Michael Goodstone
Dr. Jennifer Bryer
Interim Assistant Provost
Admin. Assistant to the Associate and Assistant Provost
Justin Salvatore Dolce
Academic Project Coordinator