DEISJ Certification Course
This is an asynchronous online course that will allow you to teach and propose DEISJ courses. It is estimated to take about 2-3 hours per week. During this course we will:
- Create learning outcomes that support Farmingdale and SUNY’s DEISJ standards
- Identify how you will address the historical and contemporary societal factors that shape the development of individual and group identity involving, race, class, gender, LGBTQ identities, disability, and/or religion in your discipline.
- Discuss strategies for intersectional discussion with students in your discipline.
- Discuss frameworks for inclusive pedagogy and how you can apply it to create an environment that is inclusive to student’s multiple identities.
- Create discussions and reflection assessments that align with your outcomes and allow students to apply principles of rights, access, equity, and autonomous participations to past, current, or future social justice action.
- Revise your syllabus to include your new outcomes and assessments
- Discuss the difference between incorporating diverse perspectives and creating an inclusive environment.
Session will be an asynchronous online course starting February 6th and ending March 7th.