Automotive Technology - Frequently Asked Questions
I am new to the department. What do I need to know?
There are four main systems you should know.
- Email: You will use this as your main form of contact within Farmingdale State College
- OASIS: You will use this to register for courses, and manage your profile
- Brightspace: You will use this for accessing courses and gathering information from the department
- DegreeWorks: You will use this for advisement and to view the progress of your degree completion
What kind of PC do I need for this program?
A PC is highly recommended when taking classes in this degree program. Please review the technical specifications needed for Autodesk Inventor.
Do I need to be advised for classes before registering?
Who is my advisor?
Do I need an alternate pin?
How do I get my pin?
Why was my class registration not accepted on OASIS?
There are a few possible reasons.
- You do not have your alternate pin. You need to contact your advisor for advisement and your pin number
- You may have a hold on your account. You will need to clear the hold with the corresponding office (e.g. admissions, registrar office, financial aid office, or health and wellness center) before registering for any courses.
- The course you tried to register for is full. Please see your advisor for an alternative option.
- The course you tried to register for requires a prerequisite course(s) or corequisite course(s).
I am looking to transfer from another institution, what is the process?
I have credits from another institution, how can I find out what courses apply to my AET major?
What kind of degree do I need in order to transfer into the Automotive Management program?
Do you have transfer agreements with other automotive institutions?
Still could use some help? Email us and we will get back to you shortly.