The MS in Technology Management: A First for Farmingdale's School of Engineering Technology and a First for You
The first and only graduate degree of its kind offered by a SUNY school, the new Master of Science in Technology Management at Farmingdale State College will graduate professionals qualified to step into leadership roles in designing, developing, improving, and transforming the industrial systems that are the basis of much of industry in the New York Metro area and throughout New York State.
Career opportunities abound in industries such as Industrial Manufacturing, Robotics, Smart Technology, IT Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, and Educational and Business Technology Development. Job titles in these and similar industries include:
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Engineering Program Manager
- Systems Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Applications Manager
- Engineering Lab Manager
- Chief Technical Officer
- Equipment Sales Manager
- Construction Manager
- VP Construction Operations
- Construction Project Supervisor
- Lead Estimator
- Real Estate Developer
This program offers an exceptional and affordable opportunity for advanced study in
the critical field of technology management to qualified graduates of baccalaureate
programs in technology, engineering technology, and related fields.
The degree consists of a 12-credit core in technology management; nine credits of coursework in one of two tracks(electrical and mechanical or construction management); three to nine credits of elective courses; and an elective three-credit capstone master's project or an elective six-credit master's thesis.
This multi-disciplinary program builds on the strengths of the faculty, laboratories, and equipment of three undergraduate departments in the School of Engineering Technology: Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical / Computer Engineering Technology, and Architecture and Construction Management. Drawing on these strengths and addressing the industrial needs of the region, the program has two tracks:
- Track I: Electrical and Mechanical
- Track II: Construction Management
Technology Management (MS) Program Outcomes:
- Graduates will have knowledge and competency in the field of technology management with an emphasis on engineering technologies.
- Graduates will have the knowledge and skills necessary to be imaginative, critical thinkers who are able to discover problems and questions, develop logical answers, and apply effective solutions in the practice of technology management.
- Graduates will have knowledge of ethical behavior in professional positions in all aspects of technology management.
- Graduates will gain competency in the management and leadership of technology in global industry.
- Graduates develop an awareness of diversity in the various fields of technology.
- Graduates will have skills to evaluate technical management issues in the context of ethical, technological, structural, cultural, human and environmental factors.
- Graduates will develop and foster critical thinking, analysis, planning, and communication.
- Graduates will acquire knowledge and skills in the improvement of productivity, quality control, and competitiveness in all aspects of technology management through collaborative relationships with regional industries.