Program Educational Objectives: Facility Management Technology-Industrial Technology (B.S.)
- Graduates will have the knowledge and skills and will assume leadership positions in maintenance and operation of buildings and grounds, management of structural and electrical maintenance, energy management, personnel management, budgeting and space planning.
- Graduates will be able to apply the latest technologies of heating, ventilation and cooling systems, security and fire protection systems, occupational and environmental health and safety to the solution of facility maintenance, operation and management problems.
- Graduates will exhibit an understanding of the necessity for personal integrity, ethical behavior, cultural awareness and lifelong learning.
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.