Infrastructure, Transportation and Security Center (ITSC)
The mission of the Infrastructure, Transportation and Security Center (ITSC) is to promote the safe, secure, resilient and sustainable infrastructure of the nation's transportation through:
- research and analysis of existing and emerging technology of materials, protocols and cyber-security of transportation related infrastructures;
- workforce training that will advance the level of training and skill of the workforce;
- an educational pathway to baccalaureate and graduate degrees that will enhance graduates' employment opportunities in relevant, high-demand fields;
- outreach that will inform and instruct individuals, from high school students to working professional adults, of important infrastructure, transportation and security related aspects of modern society;
- the advancement of innovative solutions for critical infrastructure-related problems facing our State and region.
Located on the campus of Farmingdale State College, the Center incorporates the outstanding resources of Stony Brook University, Nassau County Community College, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, and builds on the faculty expertise and resources of the School of Engineering Technology. The ITSC is funded through the SUNY 2020 Grant Program established with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York State.