Welcome to the Tutoring Center. We are pleased to provide you with tutoring to assist you in your studies. This service is available to currently registered Farmingdale State College students and is funded by the mandatory student activity fee managed by the Student Government Association. There is no direct cost to you.
- Students who utilize the Center's services are required to follow all posted policies and procedures, including the College's policy on Academic Integrity, Acceptable Use for Computer Facilities, and the Student Code of Conduct.
- Tutors are not permitted to assist you with any graded material (such as an exam, homework assignment, lab report, or project). Please do not ask it of them or expect them to do so.
- All students must complete and sign one Application for Tutoring per semester.
- Students must have their Farmingdale student ID to sign in and record their RAM ID and course information for every session on the tutor's logsheet.
- Students should check the schedule for availability of course(s) desired. It is advisable to check the Tutoring Center's webpage - farmingdale.edu/tutoring for any unforeseen schedule changes.
- Bring relevant textbooks and classroom notes to each session. You will be expected to have read the text or notes and have prepared questions for your tutor.
- Students must have their tutor's permission to use the printer or copy machine (5 page limit).
- No Food or Drink Is Allowed. Smoking is prohibited.
- All students must exhibit proper behavior as defined in the Student Code of Conduct at all times.
Tutoring Center Coordinator