Welcome to the Tutoring Center. We are pleased to provide you with tutoring to assist you in your studies. This service is available to currently registered Farmingdale State College students and is funded by the mandatory student activity fee managed by the Student Government Association. There is no direct cost to you.
- Students are expected to attend their class sessions and come in with specific questions and/or concepts they need further assistance in. Tutors are not substitutes for attending class and they are not responsible for teaching course material or completing course assignments.
- Students who utilize the Center's services are required to follow all posted policies and procedures, including the College's policy on Academic Integrity, Acceptable Use for Computer Facilities, and the Student Code of Conduct.
- Tutors are not permitted to assist you with any graded material (such as an exam, homework assignment, lab report, or project). Please do not ask it of them or expect them to do so.
- All students must complete and sign one Application for Tutoring per semester.
- Students must have their Farmingdale student ID to sign in and record their RAM ID and course information for every session on the tutor's logsheet.
- Students should check the schedule for availability of course(s) desired. It is advisable to check the Tutoring Center's webpage - farmingdale.edu/tutoring for any unforeseen schedule changes and important announcements.
- Bring relevant textbooks and classroom notes to each session. You will be expected to have read the text or notes and have prepared questions for your tutor.
- Students must have their tutor's permission to use the printer. In order to conserve paper and toner, printing is limited to no more than 5 pages.
- Please help us keep our new area clean and odor free - no food or drink is permitted in the Center. Smoking is also prohibited.
- All students must exhibit proper behavior as defined in the Student Code of Conduct at all times.
Ruth Sarlanis, Coordinator of Tutoring Services