Location: Greenley Hall, Lobby Level
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 4:30 pm
Walk-In Hours: Tues. 1 pm - 3 pm
Dolores Ciaccio, Director
Cheryl Stratigos, Career Counselor
William Jimenez, B.S., Career Assistant
Guadalupe Rivera, Administrative Assistant
The Career Center
Whether you are a Farmingdale student or alum, the Career Center is eager to help you achieve your goals. Our professional staff and resources are ready to offer support, as you prepare for a lifetime of career exploration and growth.
How we can help:
- Career Assessment
- Resume and Cover Letter Assistance
- Networking Skills
- Interviewing Skills
- Job Fairs and Graduate School Fairs
- Weekly Job and Internship Postings
Appointments: See the Career Counseling FAQ tab on the left navigation bar for information on how to schedule an appointment in the Career Center.
Farmingdale Graduate Survey Results are in!
The results of the 2014-2015 Six Months After Graduation Survey reveal:
- 91% of students who graduated in 2014-15 with a baccalaureate degree reported being employed, and of those, 83% are working full-time and 74% are employed in a position related to their degree.
- Among baccalaureate degree recipients whose positions are related to their degree, 47% secured their jobs prior to graduation. These graduates were largely nursing degree graduates. The remaining 53% secured their jobs within six months following graduation.
- 19% of 2014-15 baccalaureate respondents who are employed reported annual salaries of at least $60,000 (largely attributed to nursing graduate salaries). 48% reported annual salaries of $40,000 or more.
- More than one-half (59%) of the employed graduates feel Farmingdale has prepared them extremely well (23%) or very well (36%) for their current position. This percentage goes up to 69% among those working in a job related to their major.
- 11% of 2014-15 baccalaureate degree graduates are continuing their education in a formal degree program.
Annual Graduate School Fair
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2016
11 A.M. - 2 P.M.
Campus Center Ballroom
|Information for Recruiters|
To register by credit card: Click HERE
To register by check:
Complete and submit the REGISTRATION FORM, along with the registration fee.
Information for Students
Regardless of your major, year in college or future goals, there are numerous benefits to attending the Fair:
Fall Job Fair is Coming in November!
The Career Center at Farmingdale State College will sponsor a FALL JOB FAIR on Thursday, November 17th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Roosevelt Hall Multipurpose Room. We invite employers to participate and ask that you reserve an exhibit table for this event. As always, our job fairs are open to Farmingdale students, alums and job seekers from the general public.
To register for the 2016 Fall Job Fair, choose one of the following:
Employer Registration by check HERE
Employer Registration by credit card HERE
For Students and Alumni...
The Career Center is excited to announce the launch of FSC CareerConnect! With CareerConnect, you will be able to:
o Schedule an appointment with a career counselor
o Search for part-time and full-time job opportunities
o Find paid and unpaid internships
o Upload your resume, cover letter and other documents for employers to view
o Explore career options with Career Explorer and Career Finder resources
Ready to get started? Visit FSC CareerConnect and register for a new account.
We appreciate your interest in hiring our Farmingdale students and graduates. To post
your jobs and internships online with us, please sign up for a new account on our
CareerConnect platform. Click HERE to register.
With CareerConnect, you will be able to:
- Access our virtual resume book to view resumes from students and graduates
- Receive email notifications when resumes have been submitted to your posting
- Generate resume packets to print out or share submitted resumes
- Set your own expiration date for job postings and close your posting when it has been filled
If you require assistance with CareerConnect, please call the Career Center at 631-420-2296.
Fictitious "Work-from-Home" Scam Targets University Students
College students across the United States have been targeted to participate in work-from-home scams. Although the Career Center does not post work-from-home positions on CareerConnect, there are some fraudulent companies that post positions under the guise of a reputable company. If you ever have a question about the authenticity of a job or internship posting, please contact the Career Center at 631-420-2296 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click HERE to read a special public service announcement from the FBI with tips on how to protect yourself from job posting scams.
Big Interview is an online tool which provides you with an innovative way to effectively
prepare for interviews. Practice mock interviews at your own pace!
Farmingdale Students: Use your "farmingdale.edu" email address to register on the site. Click on the link above to get started.
Farmingdale Alumni: Please contact the Career Center for an access code to this resource. Email us at email@example.com or call us at 631-420-2296.
Candid Career provides informational video interviews featuring industry professionals. Get the inside scoop on careers as well as advice that will give you an edge in your job search. Search videos by industry, career title, college major or keywords! This is a great way to gather valuable career information to help with your future career decisions. Candid Career is available to Farmingdale students and alumni. Click on the link above to get started and be sure to watch the "Why use the Career Center?" video on the CandidCareer.com homepage!