Artists & Lecturers Program
Michaela Porubanova, Chair
Artists & Lecturers Program (ALP)
- The committee's main objective is to foster the intellectual climate of the college by bringing in speakers that address current issues, share their artistic and creative endeavors, or relate their unique life experience and work. An external speaker program is aligned with the mission of the college, specifically with the goal of increasing co-curricular activities to support initiatives around diversity, equity, and inclusion. We aim to identify established thought leaders and emerging voices who can introduce innovative ideas dealing with a wide-variety of subject matter to the FSC community.
- The purpose and conceptual basis for the Artist & Lecturers Committee is to:
- Enrich the campus cultural, intellectual, and social life.
- Support diversity of events, including lecturers, artist exhibits, and related presentations, and performances.
- Provide a means for various departments and programs on campus to request support for events that may attract audiences of various sizes, all open to the public.
- Some programs may be targeted at a broad audience
- Some programs may be more specialized and attract smaller audiences
- All events are open to the public. There is no admission charge.