The Supporting Women in Computing (SWiC) Club aims to promote women, break down gender barriers, and help expand women’s knowledge and experience in the field of computing in a collegial, casual, and fun atmosphere. SWiC organizes and co-hosts on campus hackathons, competitions, and speaker events as well as off campus field trips to women centric conferences and events throughout the year.
SWiC is great place to share ideas, learn about trending topics in computing, meet and socialize with fellow students and faculty and is open to all genders.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following is the list of advisors and officers of the Supporting Women in Computing Club:
- Ilknur Aydin - Co-Advisor
- Mary Villani - Co-Advisor
- Sindhu Padaga - Co-President
- Safia Khursheed - Co-President
- Maria Jurado - Vice President
- Simrah Malik - Secretary
- Salma Abdeltawab - Treasurer
SWiC in Spring 2021
SWiC club meetings are held virtually on Google Meets every Tuesday at 11 AM- 12 PM, and occasionally on Thursday at 11-12 PM.
Go to the SWiC RamCentral page and sign in to view the meeting schedule and future events.
Virtual Meeting Link: https://meet.google.com/crh-msvk-qhu
Computer Technology Club
The purpose of the Farmingdale Technology Club is as follows:
- To develop a better understanding of the nature and functions of the current and future technologies.
- To study the computer hardware equipment related to Computer Engineering.
- To supply the members with information on the most current methods, and assist them in solving their individual problems.
- To create professional networks between students in common Computer Systems major/minor and Engineering interests.
- Be able to travel and meet software/hardware designers and companies to Technology-based conventions throughout the country.
The Computer Tech Club meets on the following days:
- Thursdays 11 am - 12 pm
- Dr. Samir Hamada - Faculty/Staff Advisor
- Phillip C. Guerrero - President
- Julian Hecker - Vice President
- Sindhu Padaga - Secretary
- Brett Hirschberger - Treasurer
- Joshua Obogbaimhe - SGA representative