Jobs & Internships at FSC
Jobs & FSC CareerConnect
CareerConnect is a web-based platform for accessing:
- Full-time jobs for upcoming graduates and alumni
- Part-time jobs
- Paid and unpaid internships for students
- Career exploration tools
Use CareerConnect to:
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor in the Nexus Center;
- Review job postings and apply to positions by uploading your resume, cover letter and other documents for employers to view;
- Explore career options with Career Explorer and Career Finder resources.
Ready to get started? Visit FSC CareerConnect External link and register for a new account. Once your registration has been approved, you will receive an email confirming your username. You will be given a link to set your CareerConnect password. NOTE: This link will expire in 24 hours, after which time you can click on the link to be redirected to a page where you can request a new password link.
Internships & AXIOM Mentor
Axiom is a database used to promote internships and other Applied Learning opportunities.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Many activities on campus may involve applied learning. However, only activities that have been formally approved by the Applied Learning Review Board at FSC will satisfy the graduation requirement. Courses and Co-curricular Activities must be designated as "Applied Learning" to satisfy the graduation requirement. Students should confirm the formal applied learning designation prior to participating for graduation credit.
- Students may search Axiom by their program's department to view and apply to opportunities. Opportunities listed in your specific department on Axiom are approved for internship credit and will count towards the Applied Learning Graduation Requirement if completed for academic credit.
- View and apply to approved Co-curricular Activities and Nexus Center Experiences in the "Applied Learning Co-curricular Activities" unit. These non-credit activities will count towards the Applied Learning Graduation Requirement.
- In addition, all students may view specialized opportunities posted in Axiom under the Nexus Center for Applied Learning and Career Development. These opportunities offer excellent practical experience, including paid jobs, but do not count towards the Applied Learning Graduation Requirement.
Jobs & FSC CareerConnect links
- Career Development
- Applied Learning Graduation Requirement
- For Employers
- Jobs & Internships
- External Research Opportunities
- Community Engagement
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Filtered Directory
- Nexus Center
Computer Systems Internship Program
The Computer Systems Department supports an internship program, which is BCS 440. As a participant in the Internship Program, a student may spend a semester or summer gaining academic credit while working at a local company. The Internship is supervised by both faculty and professional staff. Internships allow students to test career intentions, improve skills in written and oral communications, develop professional skills, and acquire work experience which will be useful when seeking employment upon graduation.
Any company interested in supporting your internship would need to submit the Internship Program Agreement
The following documents are to be used by students during the course of their internship: