BCS 421: Android Mobile Application Development
This course provides an introduction to Android mobile application development. Techniques for designing the user interface will be discussed. The Android application lifecycle and issues related to battery life will be covered. Storing application data using a database will be explored. Students will receive hands-on experience using the Android mobile application development platform. Credits: 3.00
BCS 345 with a grade of C or higher.
At the completion of this course, students will:
- Learn the essentials of the Android mobile application development platform.
- Learn how to create applications and activities.
- Learn the Android application lifecycle.
- Learn how to create user interfaces for Android mobile devices.
- Learn how to use intents and broadcast receivers.
- Learn how to save data to files on a mobile device.
- Learn how to save data to an SQLite database.
- Learn how to use services and background threads.Learn how to use the Action Bar.
Murach's Android Programming 2nd Edition. ISBN 978-1890774936