Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology. Psi Chi was founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. The Farmingdale State College chapter of Psi Chi was established in 2011. Psi Chi membership is open to all undergraduate Applied Psychology majors who meet the minimum qualifications. Students applying for membership:
Do you qualify to join Psi Chi - The International Psychology Honor Society in Psychology? If so, please apply now to the Farmingdale State Chapter.
Deadline for applying is March 15th, 2019. Payment must also be received in the Psychology Department by March 15th in order to be inducted this year.
The Psi Chi Induction Ceremony will take place on campus April 18th, 2019 (details to follow upon acceptance). Read requirements for induction carefully:
Requirements for Membership:
1) Must be a Psychology major at Farmingdale State College
2) Must have completed at least 3 semesters full-time college coursework (36 credits)
3) Must have completed at least 9 semester credit hours psychology courses (3 classes)
4) Must have at least a 3.3 overall GPA
5) Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA average for psychology courses
If you meet the requirements and would like to join you must do the following by March 1st
1) Apply on line at www.psichi.org (be sure you apply to Farmingdale chapter!).
2) Bring cash or a check made out to "Farmingdale State College Psi Chi" for $65 to Dr. Johnston, Dr. Anderson, or Barbara Sarringer in the Psychology Department. Please put your name on the memo line. If you do not meet the qualifications, you will be notified over spring break and your check/money will be returned promptly.
Please pay close attention to the deadline as we cannot process applications without payment.
Dr. Marla Johnston and Dr. Maria Anderson
Psi Chi Co-Advisors
Psi Chi Officers:
President - Heamily Singh
Vice President - Erin Burke
Treasurer - Erica Dinoff
For more information on the benefits of Psi Chi membership and the activities of the national organization, go to the Psi Chi Website