The History minor is designed for students who are interested in deepening their knowledge of American, Western, and World History in order to support their long-term career goals. Selection of courses will depend on the interest of the student and course availability. Students seeking to gain an M.A. in Education will be particularly well-served by this minor program, as will students interested in post-baccalaureate programs in Law, History, or Government/International Relations.
Requirements for the History Minor: 18 credit hours (6 courses)
- All History Minors must register with the History, Politics and Geography department prior to graduation
- No more than 6 credit hours (2 courses) at the 100-level
- At least 6 credit hours (2 courses) at the 300-level or above
- At least 12 credit hours (4 courses) must be taken at Farmingdale State College
- All courses must be in History (HIS prefix)*
*(Note: In consultation with their advisor students may apply up to–but no more than–2 of the following courses to the History Minor: ANT 120; ANT 130; ANT 210; ARC 362; ART 123; ART 201; ART 202; AVN 101; AVN 401; BUS 450; CRJ 100; ECO 320; ECO 330; EGL 306; EGL 430; HIS 321, HIS 334, HIS 335, HIS342, HUM 200; HUM 305; IDP 305; IDP 306; MLG 304; MLG305; MLG 306; MLG 308; MLG 315; MTH 315; MUS 108; PHY 119; POL 168; POL 263; POL 267; SOC 200; SOC 245; SOC305; SOC 320; and STS400W–all other courses must carry an HIS prefix).
For more information, feel free to contact the Department at (631) 420-2739