I want to extend a special welcome to you and your family at my first spring Open House as president of Farmingdale. I hope that you, too, will join our campus community and discover the great value that Farmingdale State College offers.
We have structured the event to give you maximum flexibility for your visit.Think of it as an opportunity to Design Your Own Open House. Before you start your day at the Campus Center on April 8, you may want to decide which of these activities is MOST important to you:
- Talk to department faculty members about your degree program
- Tour the campus, including residence halls, athletics, classrooms, and the library
- Speak with an admissions counselor about your application
- Attend a financial aid session
- Check out a residence hall room
- Meet with a coach
- Learn about Study Abroad
- Find out about special needs services
Once you design your visit, check the campus map or ask one of our helpful volunteers for assistance.
Now, I'd like to share some good news with you. Our graduates find rewarding employment and they find it on Long Island.
Within six months of graduation, 91% of our bachelor degree graduates are working and 83% are full time. About 74% are employed in fields related to their degree and more than 90% reported being employed in the New York metropolitan area — the vast majority in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
So you can easily see why Farmingdale may be a great fit for you.
Enjoy your day.