- An employee's official station is established to determine allowable travel expense
reimbursement that is in the best interest of the State and Farmingdale State College,
and not the convenience of the employee. One's official station is the Farmingdale
State College campus, unless otherwise determined by the appropriate Vice President.
If using an alternate official station an employee must attach a written justification
to the travel voucher. Travel between the employee's home and official station is
considered commuting and is not reimbursable.
- Employees are in travel status when they are on official state business and more than
35 miles from their official station and place of residence. Within 35 miles, employees
can be reimbursed for mileage, tolls, or parking costs but will not be allowed meals
or lodging. If an employee is in travel status for less than three hours, meals and/or
lodging are not allowed regardless of the distance traveled. Lunch is not eligible
- All travel paperwork must be submitted in a timely manner for approvals, encumbrance,
and processing time. Attention given by the traveler to providing the required documentation
such as purpose, receipts, and justifications for reimbursement will speed up the
processing time frame and ultimately, your payment.
- Persons who travel before obtaining all approvals do so at their own risk and might
jeopardize the reimbursement of their travel costs.
- If travel is extended in length or expanded in scope for personal reasons or family
travel the state will not cover the additional costs which result in those arrangements.
- Knowingly misrepresenting the facts concerning travel for official business or signing
travel forms which contain deliberate false statements is a violation of the NY Penal
law and will be subject to administrative and/or disciplinary action.
- If a trip is cancelled at the direction of the agency, the traveler will not be responsible
for any costs incurred. If cancelled for the traveler's convenience, he/she may be
responsible for any costs.