Ann Marie Moresky
Year End Procedures
The College’s fiscal year ends on June 30, 2016. Please keep the following dates in mind:
- May 13th: Review any encumbered items in your account(s) and notify Purchasing of any pending issues that require attention before this date.
- May 27th: All purchases to be made with current year funds must be entered into the system by this date.
- June 24th:All P-Card transactions should be made by this date.
- June 25th - July 6th: We ask that no one use their P-card during these dates.
- July 7th: Full use of the P-card can resume.
- July 15th: Accounts Payable must receive all invoices by this date. Any invoices received after this date will be paid out of new fiscal year funds.
The primary function of the Purchasing Department is the procurement of goods, materials and services in a timely manner as required by the College to fulfill its mission in education, research, economic, and cultural/social development. Through effective communication, both internal and external, the Purchasing Department strives to provide for the varied needs of the campus community while observing the laws and regulations of the New York State Office of the State Comptroller, the New York State Office of General Services, and the State University of New York. This involves a balance between efficient and timely service to our customers and providing an environment of good sound business controls to protect the assets of Farmingdale State College. Procurement is accomplished with the generation of purchase orders or the use of the state issued procurement card.