It is very difficult to provide a general overview of benefits for employees or prospective employees of Farmingdale State. Each individual has a unique menu of options to chose from based upon a number of variables including date of appointment, or in some cases, date of first State service; title of position, which determines negotiating unit; type of service (classified or unclassified); full-time or part-time status; and age, for example. Recognizing the variations in the individual benefit packages available, this page will attempt to present an overview to help current employees understand their benefits as well as to provide potential employees with comparison data.
SUNY Administration has developed a terrific Web site on SUNY Benefits. You will find it at http://www.suny.edu/benefits. We encourage you to bookmark this site as we think you will find it extremely valuable. The site includes many forms, detailed information about the various benefit programs, and links to additional resources.
Health Plan Websites
- Delta Dental
- Davis Vision
- NYS Vision Plan
- NYS Vision Provider Locator
- Embem Health Preferred Dental Plan
- NYS Empire Plan/United Health Care Participating Provider Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HMO
Retirement Plan Websites
- ERS (New York State & Local Retirement System)
- New York State Deferred Compensation Plan
- New York State Teachers' Retirement System
- AIG VALIC
Other Benefit Programs & Helpful Websites