Accounts Payable Manager
Employee Reimbursement Form (.pdf)
W-9 Form (.pdf)
Independent Contractor Form
Journal Transfer Request Form (.xls)
Personal Cellular Telephone Reimbursement/Allowance Form
Food and Beverage Allow-ability Chart
Pre-Approval Meal Form
VOUCHERING: Farmingdale State College's Accounts Payable office is responsible for the payment of all purchases of goods and services requested by the various departments on campus, with the exception of those purchases made through the Auxiliary Services Corporation and the Farmingdale College Foundation. Merchandise and services are ordered through the Purchasing department, which prepares a purchase order and forwards a copy of this order to the requisitioning department.
Accounts Payable must have an original invoice signed and dated by the department that the goods have been received in good order, the quantity is correct on the invoice, the goods are in good condition and with a clear description of the goods.
The department is responsible for keeping track of the date that the goods were received either in a spreadsheet, a log or by keeping the packing slips in a secure location with the receipt date written on them.
For services, the end user needs to verify that quality of the services were performed in a timely manner, and according to specifications indicated on the invoice or other documentation.
The department should keep a log or spreadsheet of the date that the service was performed.
The vendor invoice should provide the description, price, and quantity of goods, property or service delivered or rendered and be supported by other substantiating documentation that the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) and the College may reasonably require.
Until the invoice is received with all the correct information, the Accounts Payable Department cannot pay the vendor. Invoices will be returned if the above are not all met. Until the invoice is received with all the correct information, the Accounts Payable Department cannot pay the vendor.
After the receipt of the merchandise or service, the AP office has only 30 days to pay the vendor before interest starts to accrue. It should be noted that no New York State tax will be paid. A tax exempt form can be obtained from Accounts Payable or the Purchasing department.
It can take from 10 days or more for payment to be issued after the College has submitted the voucher to Audit and Control.
EMPLOYEE REIMBURSEMENT: In certain instances, it is necessary for an employee to pay for something from their
own funds. In these cases, the employee may seek reimbursement from their department.
He/she needs to fill out the Employee Reimbursement form completely and attach the original detailed receipt showing payment was made. If payment
was made by check, please include the front and back of the cancelled check. The
backup should include an event sheet or reason for payment. Please review the FSC Expenditure/Reimbursement
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS: Independent Contractor forms are used when making Honoraria/Consultant payments.
- A W-9 form needs to be filled out in order to get the individual entered into the SFS system. After Purchasing notifies you that the person is entered, you can enter the requisition on the SUNY FMS system.
- The two Independent Contractor forms need to be filled out by the department and the person receiving the payment along with other campus personnel. The form needs to contain his/her Social Security number and home address.
- The backup should include an invoice, event sheet or reason for payment.
- Copy of the requisition, 2 independent contractor forms, 1 invoice and event sheet/reason for payment should be circulated together (after services rendered) for proper personnel signatures with the final stop in the Accounts Payable office.
Honoraria cannot be paid to an employee of New York State including Foundation and Research employees of this or any SUNY campus. Large honoraria amounts require justification for selection and a statement that the vendor's price is fair and reasonable.
JOURNAL TRANSFERS: All inter-agency journals must be sent to Accounting in Horton Hall. To complete the process, you will need:
- Name of the school or agency the transaction is with
- Farmingdale State College contact person
- Contact person at the other agency
- Amount of journal
- State account number to be used (IFR or State Operating Account)
- Description or purpose for the journal
After both agencies have finished their processing, the inter-agency journal is sent to SUNY system administration for completion.