Distance Learning Faculty Resources
Below you will find a number of links to resources for distance learning. They include policies and procedures, best practices for online and hybrid courses, documentation and more. This material is periodically updated as information may change from time to time.
ADA Best Practices
Policies and Procedures for Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
This document outlines the campus policies and procedures for conducting courses in the distance learning environment
Faculty Best Practices for Distance Learning
This document outlines the best practices for developing online/hybrid courses
Best Practices Checklist for Setting Up Distance Learning Classes
This checklist is used by faculty during the course development process to guide faculty during course design
Online Faculty Observation Form
Online faculty course observation form
Hybrid Online Faculty Observation Form
Hybrid faculty course observation form
Organizational Commitment to Distance Learning
This document outlines Farmingdale State College's commitment to distance learning programs.
For new hybrid/online course proposal forms, please go to College's Axiom system.
Direct link to Axiom: https://www.farmingdale.edu/administration/provost/axiommentor.shtml
- Please submit an online course development application through the College's Axiom system.
- The department Chair and Dean will then be notified via email of the application and will need to approve
- Once approved, you will be enrolled in the Online & Hybrid Course Development training course in Blackboard which starts on May 28, 2019.
- The Instructional Designer and Department Chair will approve the fully developed new online & hybrid courses by August 16.
How Do I Get Help?
- You can contact the Distance Learning Department at Farmingdale by emailing: email@example.com or calling 631-794-6300
- For after hours assistance (available 7 days a week), please call the Open SUNY Help Desk at 844-OPENSUNY