Curriculum Information Guide
Sport ManagementProf. Sarbjit Singh, Chair
Sport Management Department
School of Business
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Sport Management program prepares students for ever-widening professional careers in the sport management industries. Our program provides students with fundamental and advanced-level courses taught by expert, experienced faculty in this dynamic and academically-rigorous subject area. In conjunction with advisors, students may tailor their degree program to best suit their career goals and professional development. Optional internships are available to sport management students during their third and fourth years of study.
Typical Employment Opportunities
Team/League Sponsorship, Ticketing
Professional Sports Organizations
Collegiate Sport Management and Marketing
Sports Information Director/Media Relations
Director of Athletics
Associate Athletic Director/Compliance
Sport Management (BS) Program Outcomes:
- Graduates will have knowledge of the global and complex sports industry.
- Graduates will have knowledge of integration of the special nature of sports, management and marketing theory, and administrative principles.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency in the management and leadership dimensions of sport.
- Graduates will be able to analyze and synthesize information/data and present their findings in a coherent manner.
- Graduates will be regular contributors to sport management and/or related fields.
- Graduates will exhibit an understanding of the necessity for personal integrity, ethical behavior, cultural awareness and lifelong learning.
|Fall 2019 - Subject to Revision|
|ECO 157 Microeconomics (GE)||3|
|PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology (GE)||3|
|SOC 122 Introduction to Sociology||3|
|PSY 304, PSY 311, PSY 330, or PSY 331||3|
|SOC 309 Sport in Society||3|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences Electives||9|
|SMT 440 Sport Management Internship I||3|
|SMT 485W Senior Seminar in Sport||3|
|BUS/BCS/SMT/PED (200 level or higher), or RAM 303||6|
Degree Type: BS
Total Required Credits: 120-122
Please refer to the General Education, Applied Learning, and Writing Intensive requirement sections of the College Catalog and consult with your advisor to ensure that graduation requirements are satisfied.
Admission to Farmingdale State College - State University of New York is based on the qualifications of the applicant without regard to age, sex, marital or military status, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.