Curriculum Information Guide
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Manufacturing Engineering Technology is designed to provide students with a foundation of knowledge and hands-on experience that is required and utilized by the industry. The program offers traditional courses such as Statics, Strength of Materials, and Material Science providing graduates with a solid foundation of the field. The program also offers numerous technology-based and practical courses such as Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM), Computer Numeric Control (CNC) Machining, Tooling for Composites, Electronic Packaging Applications, Electromechanical Control Systems, Robotics, and Statistical Quality Control providing students with a well-balanced and needed background in Manufacturing Engineering Technology. These technology-based courses are delivered through our state-of-the-art laboratories and the Institute for Research and Technology Transfer (IRTT). Students also benefit from the required senior project that provides the students with a valuable integrating capstone experience. In addition, this program is designed to allow students to extend their knowledge and skills in other areas such as Automotive, Business, Construction, Electrical, Facility, and Mechanical to support different aspects of manufacturing.
This program is ideal for high school graduates and Mechanical Engineering Technology associate degree graduates who wish to enter careers in manufacturing process and systems design, operations, quality, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and sustainability.
This is a four-year program. Students may matriculate on a full-time or part-time basis. This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Product Design Engineer
Mechanical System Engineer
Process Design Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Equipment Testing Engineer
Quality Control (QC) Engineer
Manufacturing Engineering Technology (BS) Program Educational Objectives:
- Graduates will have the knowledge and skills to enter careers in manufacturing process and systems design, operations, quality, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and sustainability.
- Graduates will have the ability to provide solutions and solve manufacturing engineering technology related problems.
- Graduates will have the technical background to advance in their careers with an understanding and necessity for personal integrity, ethical behavior, cultural awareness, lifelong learning, and continuous improvement.
Student Learning Outcomes
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as leader on technical teams.
|Fall 2019 - Subject to Revision|
* For Natural Science Elective, at least one chemistry course.
(AET,BCS,BUS,CON,EET,IND,MET courses or RAM 303 in consultation with department chair)
Degree Type: BS
Total Required Credits: 126
Please refer to the General Education, Applied Learning, and Writing Intensive requirement sections of the College Catalog and consult with your advisor to ensure that graduation requirements are satisfied.
Admission to Farmingdale State College - State University of New York is based on the qualifications of the applicant without regard to age, sex, marital or military status, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.