Curriculum Information Guide
Aviation AdministrationDr. Jeanne Radigan, Chair
School of Engineering Technology
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Aviation Administration major is a specialized aviation management program accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI) through February, 2023. The program prepares graduates for entry-level managerial positions in the Airport and Air Cargo segments of the air transportation industry, the Airline Industry, the FAA and the General Aviation Industry.
A grade of “C” or better is required in all AVN courses (including electives) for graduation from the Aviation Administration Program. Students who are unable to obtain a minimum grade of “C” after the second attempt in any AVN classes must obtain permission from the Chairperson of the department to remain in the program. This will apply for each course that needs to be retaken for the third time.
Aviation Administration (BS) Program Outcomes:
Graduates will possess the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to competently and ethically function as a manager in the aviation industry.
Specifically, the graduate of the Aviation Administration degree program will have:
- an understanding of the impact of aviation and technology in a global/societal context
- an ability to apply the techniques, skills, and modern aviation management tools to perform business related tasks
- an ability to function on a multi-disciplinary management team which includes technical and management issues
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to ensure safe and efficient operations
- an ability to accurately analyze and interpret data, and design experiments for a variety of problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate with agency representatives, superiors, subordinates, and peers with precision and clarity
- recognition of the need for the ability to engage in lifelong learning
- knowledge of contemporary aviation industry issues
The program prepares students to be marketable in the following areas: Finance and Public Relations, Accounting and Marketing, Aviation Laws and interaction between the aviation industry and government and Management of all aspects of airports.
|Fall 2019 - Subject to Revision|
Concentration: (Choose one)
|Air Cargo||(15 credits)|
|AVN 280 Intro to Air Cargo Operations - Basic||3|
|AVN 281 Air Cargo Govt & Industry Regulations||3|
|AVN 380 Air Cargo Sales & Marketing Techniques||3|
|AVN 381 Air Cargo Mgmt Techniques||3|
|AVN 480 Air Cargo Operations - Advanced||3|
|Airport Management||(15 credits)|
|AVN 270 Intro to Airports Management||3|
|AVN 271 Airport Capacity/Delay/Airspace||3|
|AVN 370 Airport Management and Finance||3|
|AVN 371 Airport Planning||3|
|AVN 470 Airport Operations||3|
Degree Type: BS
Total Required Credits: 120
Please refer to the General Education, Applied Learning, and Writing Intensive requirement sections of the College Catalog and consult with your advisor to ensure that graduation requirements are satisfied.
Admission to Farmingdale State College - State University of New York is based on the qualifications of the applicant without regard to age, sex, marital or military status, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.