Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP)
What is STEP?
STEP is a New York State Education Program that provides academic support services and enrichment activities to students in grade 7-12 who show interest and aptitude in STEM or licensed professions. STEP students acquire the skills necessary for successful entry into college and science, engineering, technology, health-related fields and licensed professions.
What are the requirements to become a member of STEP?
- Be enrolled in grade 7-12
- Be a member of a historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged group (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino/a, Native American/Alaskan Native or any ethnic background and demonstrate economic qualifications through eligibility for free or reduced lunch)
- Have an overall GPA of 80 or "B"
- Be a New State Resident for the past 12 months
How can I become part of STEP?
First, check our partnerships tab to see if our STEP program is partnered with your district. If you are from one of our partner districts please download the STEP Application, located under forms, and return the completed application to your STEP school coordinator. If you are not associated with one of our partner districts, please email Ms. Patricia at Cellap@Farmingdale.edu for questions and concerns.
- Saturday academy in Science and Technology
- After school programs in Mathematics, Science and English
- School projects in Science and Technology for regional and statewide competitions
- Special tutoring in Mathematics, Science and English
- Enrichment activities
- Summer Programs in Science and Technology
- Prep classes for SAT, PSAT
- College visits
- Field trips to industry
- Guided research/internship
- LI STEP Consortium activities
- Programs for STEP parents
- Mentoring by CSTEP students
- Farmingdale conference on Science and Technology
- Statewide STEP Conference
Follow us on social media!