Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
CSTEP at a Glance
What is CSTEP?
CSTEP is a University Program that provides academic support services and enrichment activities to undergraduate students inter-ested in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, health related fields or careers in licensed professions. Students are preparedto pursue higher studies and research in the STEM fields.
How can I become part of CSTEP?
Complete the application and hand it to the CSTEP Program Coordinator in Room 144, Lupton Hall.
Click here for the application.
What are the requirements to become a member of CSTEP?
- Be enrolled in a degree program at Farmingdale State College
- Be a member of a historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged group
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or better
- Guidance and support from faculty
- Participation in regional and statewide competitions
- Tutoring help in subject areas
- Research and internship opportunities
- Visits to graduate schools
- Projects at national universities and research labs
- Conference participation
- Preparation for licensing exams and entrance exams
- Participation in industry and technology research
- Employment placement assistance
- Opportunities to mentor middle and high school students
- Paid employment opportunities