The programs are held in Barcelona, an open-minded, Mediterranean city with an active and cosmopolitan population. Barcelona is a truly Mediterranean city in southwestern Europe, thanks to its geographic location and history, traditions and cultural influences. It is considered one of the greatest cultural capitals of the world due to its dynamic and entrepreneurial nature.
Institut Quimic de Sarria, IQS
IQS is a higher education center founded by the Society of Jesus, with over one hundred years of experience. IQS is a founder member of Universitat Ramon Llull. IQS has two Schools: IQS School of Engineering, where scientific and technical studies are taught, and IQS School of Management, where business and economic studies are taught.
- This program is specifically designed for Business Management and Global Business Management students.
- Through this exchange you can take courses in international business, marketing, economics, human resources and supply chain management.
- The industry expertise of the faculty and location of the university make for an ideal, hands-on learning experience.
- Earn up to 18 credits towards your Farmingdale degree.
- Minimum of 12 SUNY credits
- must reach a minimum of 24 ECTS
- Students have the option to take a three-week long ‘Spanish for Business’ course before the start of the program.
- Business courses are offered in both English and Spanish
- (Spanish instruction requires proficiency test.)
- IQS course descriptions
- 2017-2018 courses at IQS
- Housing arrangements are made by the student; students will receive a list of housing and realtor recommendations
- GPA Requirement: 3.0 minimum.
- Students must be in good disciplinary standing.
- Program offered to sophomores, juniors and seniors.
*freshmen planning to apply should meet with their Department Chair prior to applying.
- Step 1: Complete the Preliminary Study Abroad Application
- After this application is submitted a study abroad advisor will be in touch to go over the next steps in the application process
- Step 2: All FSC students studying abroad for a semester/year are required to meet with a study
abroad advisor in the Office of International Education and Programs prior to completing their program specific application.
- OIEP is located on the 3rd floor of Laffin Hall, room 320.
- Exchange spots for this program are limited; however, applying as a 'study abroad' applicant is possible.