Scholarships, Internships and Opportunities
The Academic Advisement and Information Center (AAIC), has a compiled list of opportunities for scholarships and fellowships to help aid in paying for your international experience. Here you will also find information on how to apply for the Fulbright and/or Gilman programs.
Farmingdale State College Scholarships
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship You must receive Pell Grant as part of your financial aid package to apply for this scholarship.
Diversity Abroad Honors Scholarship
A $2,000 Scholarship from the SUNY Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is available specifically for students who have applied or been approved for Study Abroad during Summer or Fall 2019 through FSC or another SUNY college.
Winter or Spring 2019 scholarship application deadline: March 1st, 2019
GPA requirement: 2.5
The following should be submitted to the Office of International Education and Programs:
- a 1-2 page essay describing the purpose of the study abroad experience and what he/she hopes to achieve (examples include language acquisition, cultural immersion, cultural competencies in a global setting, STEM research project, etc.).
- obtain one (1) recommendation: the recommender must complete a Reference Form.
- The recommender must be a Department Chair or Faculty Advisor
- official transcript
Awardees will agree to complete the following:
• Program Report: Students receiving awards will be required to submit a summary of their experience detailing how it contributed to their career and college goals within 60 days of completing their travel to the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
• Program Ambassador: Students must be willing to share their travel experience in a college or conference forum following their study abroad experience, including the submission of a high-resolution facial photograph for promotional purposes.
If you are interested in study abroad, please contact the Office of International Education and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.