Scholarships, Internships and Opportunities
The Academic Advisement and Information Center (AAIC), has a compiled list of opportunities for scholarships and fellowships to help aid in paying for your international experience. Here you will also find information on how to apply for the Fulbright and/or Gilman programs.
Farmingdale State College Scholarships
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship You must receive Pell Grant as part of your financial aid package to apply for this scholarship.
Diversity Abroad Honors Scholarship
A $2,000 Scholarship from the SUNY Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is available specifically for students who have applied or been approved for Study Abroad during Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall 2018 through FSC or another SUNY college.
Summer or Fall 2018 scholarship application deadline: March 2nd, 2018
GPA requirement: 2.5
The following should be submitted to the Office of International Education and Programs:
- a 1-2 page essay describing the purpose of the study abroad experience and what he/she hopes to achieve (examples include language acquisition, cultural immersion, cultural competencies in a global setting, STEM research project, etc.).
- obtain one (1) recommendation: the recommender must complete a Reference Form.
- Department Chair or Faculty Advisor
- official transcript
Awardees will agree to complete the following:
• Program Report: Students receiving awards will be required to submit a summary of their experience detailing how it contributed to their career and college goals within 60 days of completing their travel to the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
• Program Ambassador: Students must be willing to share their travel experience in a college or conference forum following their study abroad experience, including the submission of a high-resolution facial photograph for promotional purposes.
If you are interested in study abroad, please contact the Office of International Education and Programs at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
FSC Study Abroad Department Scholarships
FSC Study Abroad Department scholarships can be found on the program specific pages.
FSC Scholarship Deadlines:
Fall Semester: April 15th
Thanksgiving Break: April 15th
Winter: April 15th
Spring Break: November 15th
Spring Semester: October 15th
Summer Semester: March 15th