Rennes, capital of Brittany, 213,000 inhabitants, is a one-of-a-kind city in the west of France. Located 1,5 hour from Paris and one hour from Mont Saint-Michel, Rennes is a lively, attractive, affordable and safe city. Rennes has been elected «best city to live in France» by the 2016 European Community Survey. It is famous for its world-class culture, vibrant nightlife, fascinating history, great shopping and beautiful architecture. Rennes is also the largest student city in western France and a major research cluster. Whatever your interests, the city has something to offer you. Get a taste of French culture and gain an in-depth experience of life in another country.
University of Rennes 1
- All instruction is in English
- Fall semester: 12 credits Spring semester: 12 credits
- Students have the option to take a free French course
- Students have the option of applying for traditional apartment/dorm style housing on campus
- Students may choose to find their own housing arrangements
- Rennes 1 housing information
- GPA Requirement: 2.75
- Student must be in good disciplinary standing
- Program offered to juniors and seniors
Step 1: Complete the Preliminary Study Abroad Application
After this application is submitted a study abroad advisor will be in touch to go over the next steps in the application process.
Step 2: All FSC students studying abroad for a semester/year are required to meet with a study abroad advisor in the Office of International Education and Programs prior to completing their program specific application.
OIEP is located on the 3rd floor of Laffin Hall, room 320