Rambassadors - A Student Leadership Program
Do you have what it takes to be a leader? Are you ready to be a role model? If so, then you just might be right for the Farmingdale Rambassadors. The Rambassadors is a newly developed elite student internship program through the Office for Institutional Advancement and Enrollment Services for credit or compensation. The group will consist of approximately 50 students who will assist in the promotion of FSC to prospective students and their parents. To apply, fill out the application and we will contact you for an interview.
Activities of the Rambassadors will include:
- Participating in FSC’s Fall and Spring Open House programs.
- Representing FSC, by giving campus tours to college visitors.
- Assisting, as needed, at special recruitment events that occur throughout the year.
Activities of the Rambassadors will include three or four of the following:
- Attend tour, blog, or social media training sessions.
- Attend monthly FSC social media chats.
- Participate in marketing videos
- Participate in photo shoots
- Maintain a presence of Farmingdale State Colleges’ Facebook pages.
- Maintain a presence on Twitter.
- Supply media for YouTube, Flickr and Instagram.
- Office intern hours
Membership to the Rambassadors is limited and the selection criteria is:
- Dedication to the group and ability to commit necessary time
- Passionate about Farmingdale State College and a desire to represent the College
- Effective speaking ability
- Ability to write effectively
- Ability to make a positive first impression
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Ability to work well with others
- Responsibility, dependability
- Compensation or academic credit
- Interaction with a variety of new people - prospective students, their parents, faculty, staff and other Rambassadors
- Interaction with International Students
- Leadership and mentor role and training
- The power to influence prospective student decisions and to have your voice heard through social media
- Hands-on experience in Marketing, Communications and New Media
- Networking opportunities with Admissions, Institutional Advancement and Enrollment Management, Alumni Affairs, Student Affairs, Athletics, International Studies and the Office of the President
- Letters of recommendation from the director of Communications, Kathy Coley, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, Patrick Calabria, Vice President of Student Affairs, Dr. Tom Corti
To apply, fill out the application and we will contact you for an interview.