How do I get my course approved?
All existing courses that include applied activities but not a change of course content or objectives may be submitted directly for review by FSC’s Applied Learning Review Board through the Axiom Mentor Application System.
The approval process will collect information regarding how many hours will be invested in applied activity as well as a brief description of how the criteria for applied learning are met. Faculty submitting a course for approval will also be required to briefly outline a plan for collecting data regarding student reaction and data regarding achievement of learning objectives associated with the applied learning activity.
If a completely new course is to be created, or extensive change to an existing course is required, a formal curriculum change proposal (CCP) must be submitted. Once the CCP process is complete, the course will need to follow the submission guidelines explained above for approval of the applied learning activity.
For questions regarding the Applied Learning Review process please email Jenny Bryer at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Go to to Axiom Mentor at www.farmingdale.edu/axiommentor.
2. Click the link to log on to Axiom Mentor.
3. Select Institutional Tools Tab
4. Select the Applications Tab.
5. Click on the Submissons Tab.
6. On the Submission screen you will see the heading "Application Category" and beneath it, a link to "Applied Learning Course-Based Application 2017-2018."
7. Click the link and select the tab at the top of the page "Start New Application."
- All questions must be answered in order to submit the application.
- You can save your work and submit at another time.
- A syllabus and weekly calendar are required for the application.
- Remember to add the Chair Approval.
- Click the submit button at the bottom of the application questionnaire page.
- You will receive an automatic email that your application has been successfully submitted.
Your application is now submitted. You will receive notification by email if your
application has been approved, denied or requires changes.
Once approved, the Chair of the Department and the Registrar will also be notified.
Instructions available via PDF - click here.