Professor Maureen Capone
Areas of Expertise:
- Community Oral Health - specifically working with underserved populations
- Dental Health
Professor Maureen Capone is an expert in providing oral health care to the community, specifically to underserved populations such as mentally and physically challenged persons. She is also knowledgeable about clinical care through the University of New Mexico as well as the University of Texas Health Science Center.
She has been an invited Guest Lecturer at the Department of Physician Assistant Education at Stony Brook University’s Health Science Center on Dental Development and Primary Prevention.
Her article titled “Getting Children Motivated about Dental Health” was published in the March 2001 issue of School Nurse News on “Getting Children Motivated about Dental Health.”
She has earned an MS in Community Health Education through Stony Brook University, a BS in Community & Dental Health through Empire State College, NY and an Associate degree from Farmingdale State College.
- New York State Certification in Infiltration Anesthesia and Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Registered Dental Hygienist
- New York State Oral Health Coalition
- American Dental Hygienist Association
- Long Island Dental Hygienist Association
- American Public Health Association
It is our practice to respond to journalists immediately and secure the information to meet their deadlines. If you would like the contact information for one of our experts, contact the Office for Institutional Advancement at 631-420-2400.