September 8, 2011
FALL GARDEN CELEBRATION AT FARMINGDALE STATE
Find just the right plants for your home and support the gardens
The fall is a great time to plant flowers and shrubs and Farmingdale State College
is prepared to help you select the right vegetation for your home.
On Sunday, September 18 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., all are invited to the Ornamental Horticulture Teaching Gardens to learn, enjoy the beauty of the fall and support the maintenance of Farmingdale’s gardens with your purchases.
Admission, tours, advice, and workshops are FREE.
- Take a tour of Farmingdale State’s magnificent Teaching Gardens with horticulture professors
- Take home fall plants and flowers from the plant sale
- Bring your garden and design questions to “Ask the Experts”
- Bring in your soil samples for pH analysis and plants for diagnosis offered by Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Attend free horticultural lectures
The Fall Garden Celebration Horticulture Lecture Series will take place in FSC's Greenhouse:
10:00 a.m. Trees - Best Trees for Suburban Sites
Julie Seghrouchni, Cornell Cooperative Extension Nassau
11:00 a.m. Flowering Bulbs - Bringing Back Bulbs in the Landscape
Peter Zangel, Bissett Nursery
12:00 p.m. Good Bugs, Bad Bugs - Beneficial Insects vs. Pests
Dr. Gary Brown, Farmingdale State College
1:00 p.m. Fall Lawn Care - The Best Time to Renovate
Cornell Cooperative Extension Nassau & Farmingdale State College
Festival proceeds benefit the non-profit Farmingdale Horticulture Committee of the Farmingdale College Foundation supporting the Department of Ornamental Horticulture at Farmingdale State College. For more information, call 631-420-2075 or 631-420-2113 or visit www.farmingdale.edu/horticulture.