ILLiad Interlibrary Loan
Use ILLiad to request books and articles that are not held at Greenley Library.
NOTE: WE CANNOT FILL REQUESTS FOR TEXTBOOKS THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR CLASSES.
Log in to ILLiad using your Farmingdale email username and password.
- First time users will have to enter some basic information about themselves to create an ILLiad account. Make sure to include a valid email address and phone number so you can be contacted when your item arrives or is available for download.
- To place a request, select the type of material (book, article, etc.) from the left hand side and fill in as much information as possible on the request form. Click "Submit Request."
- Once you have placed a request you can log back into ILLiad to track the status of your request or to request renewals.
- All books are due back to Greenley Library by the due date or the last day of classes, whichever comes first.
- Overdue fees may be assessed by the lending library. These fees will be placed on your Farmingdale account.
- Greenley Library reserves the right to limit users to no more than 10 active requests at a time.
- Students may only request books during a semester for which they are registered. If a student is registered for an upcoming semester but it has not yet begun, Greenley Library will accept requests for articles and other digital resources that do not need to be returned to the lending library.
- Greenley Library interlibrary loans books and articles from libraries that do not charge us whenever possible. When the only libraries from which we can request material charge a fee for interlibrary loan, we will check with the Farmingdale library user first to see if they are willing to accept and pay for the charge. Any ILL charges not paid by the due date will result in a hold being placed on your account and may result in the suspension of your library privileges.
- Greenley Library may contact the user for more detailed information if a resource cannot be located with the information provided.
- Please contact the reference desk at 631-420-2184 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.