We are please to announce that Farmingdale State College has chosen Gmail for its new student email. Your Gmail account will also give you access to a number of Google Apps, including Google Docs and Google Calendar. The questions below should answer many of the questions you might have.
1. How do I log into my Farmingdale email?
2. Will my email address change?
3. Will my new password be different from my Webmail password?
4. If I forget my password, is there a way to reset it myself?
5. Are you migrating my old mail to Gmail?
6. Can my old mail be imported into Gmail?
7. Will my contacts be moved to Gmail?
8. Can I access my student email from my mobile device?
9. When I graduate, can I keep my student email account?
10. Will my password expire?
11. What is the maximum mailbox size?
12. What is the maximum size for attachments?
13. Who can I contact if I need assistance?
From any web browser, in the URL type: gmail.farmingdale.edu
No. You'll keep the same email address (email@example.com).
Yes. Your first time logging in, you will require a password reset. On the Gmail login page, click on "Student Password Reset" and follow the steps carefully.
Yes. On the Gmail login page, click on "Student Password Reset" and reset your password. Follow the steps carefully.
No. Your old mail will not be moved to your new account. Your old mail will remain in Webmail.
No. You will need to make note of your Webmail contacts and add them manually.
Yes. For instructions go to the Student Email webpage.
Yes. Starting with the graduates of May 2013, you will be able to keep your student email account.
Yes. Your password will expire every 90 days.
Please visit the Student Email webpage. There you will find instructions on "
How to log into Gmail
How to Import your Webmail into Gmail
" and "Accessing Gmail via
an Android, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad and iTouch
If you need further assistance, please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (631) 420-2754.