Tuition Payment Plan Information Instructions
In an effort to better assist students and their families in financing the costs for education, Farmingdale State College offers a Tuition Payment Plan. The Tuition Payment Plan allows students to pay their tuition, housing, dining and fee charges in several payments.
Beginning with the Fall 2014 term, enrolling in the payment plan is even easier. Students may now enroll in the Payment Plan online. To enroll in the plan, go to the Student Account Suite. Click on the "Payment Plans" tab and follow the steps.
PLEASE NOTE: Enrollment in the Payment Plan for Spring 2016 is now
Tuition Payment Plan
(Available in both the Fall and Spring semesters)
- The total semester charges are divided into three payments.
- You must enroll in the payment plan each semester.
- There is a $25.00 non-refundable Tuition Payment Plan Enrollment Fee each semester with this plan.
- The first payment due is one-half of the total balance due on your bill, plus the $25.00 fee.
- The initial payment must be paid before the payment deadline for the semester indicated on your student bill.
- The remaining half of the balance due on your bill is to be paid in two equal payments.
- Failure to make remaining payments on time will result in a late payment fee.
- Reminders and information regarding your payment plan will be sent via email. For Farmingdale students, this is your official Farmingdale email account.
- Please note: Changes in your charges or anticipated Financial Aid may result in changes to your plan amount.
- You may pay the down payment and enrollment fee by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) online while enrolling in the plan. If you do not wish to pay the down payment and enrollment fee online, you must first make your payment in person in the Student Accounts Office or by mail. Once the payment has been posted to your account, you can enroll in the payment plan online.
- We will accept payment by check, cash or credit card in the Student Accounts Office in Laffin Hall, Room 226. Check the Student Accounts page for our hours.
- If paying by mail, please return your bill with a check made payable to Farmingdale State College (include the student's RAM ID number on the check) to Farmingdale State College, Student Accounts Office -Laffin Hall Room 226, 2350 Broadhollow Road, Farmingdale NY 11735.
How to Calculate Payments for the Tuition Payment Plan:
To determine the amount of your first payment on the Tuition Payment Plan, take the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE on your bill and divide that amount in half. Add the $25.00 Tuition Payment Plan Fee to the amount. This amount is what your initial payment will be.
Example for a Single Semester Payment Plan:
The remaining balance is due in two payments (You must enroll in the payment plan each semester):
Financial Aid Students Please Note:
- You should make sure that all applicable financial aid that you are eligible for is listed on our bill.
- If your financial aid appears on your bill, the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE is the only amount due at that time. Please note that changes in your charges or anticipated Financial Aid may result in changes to the amount due.
- If your financial aid is not on your student bill, you must contact the Financial Aid Office at 631-420-2578 to determine if there is a problem with your aid. This should be taken care of prior to the payment deadline. Failure to correct any problems or make necessary payments prior to the payment deadline could result in late fees and holds for future services being placed on your account.