BankMobile and the Refund Process
Farmingdale State College has partnered with BankMobile (formerly Higher One®), a financial services company, to process refunds to FSC students.
Registered students will be mailed a Refund Selection Kit from BankMobile Disbursements. Look for a bright green envelope.
Once you receive the Refund Selection Kit, follow the steps below to choose your refund preference:
- Go to RefundSelection.com.
- Enter the personal code that you received in the BankMobile Refund Selection Kit. The personal code will look like this: ABCD-1234-5678.
- Select your refund preference.
- Complete your profile.
As soon as you have selected your refund preference, any refund processed will be delivered based on the method you have selected.
Your refund delivery options include:
- Electronic Deposit to Another Account - BankMobile will wire funds into your existing bank account. You will need to provide third party banking information (routing and account numbers) to receive refunds via direct deposit to your existing account at another financial institution. Money is transferred to another account the same business day BankMobile receives the funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 - 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- Paper Check Delivered by USPS - You have the ability to choose a paper check sent to your mailing address. A check is mailed the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school, provided receipt is within daily cutoff times. Typically, it takes 5 - 7 business days for the check to arrive, depending on USPS First Class® delivery timeframes.
- Electronic Deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Account - If you open a BankMobile Vibe account (upon identity verification), the money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives the funds from your school.
Please select your refund preference as soon as you receive your Refund Selection Kit. Remember, even if you are not currently expecting a refund from Farmingdale State, a refund may be due you in the future.
If you're not sure that FSC has your current mailing address, please take a moment today to either visit the Registrar's Office or fax your address (showing your past address) to 631-420-2275 to update your address information. Since your new Refund Selection Kit will be mailed to your current address on file with Farmingdale State, it is critical that you verify your mailing address as soon as possible.
If you have not received your Refund Selection Kit, misplaced it, or want additional information, please go to RefundSelection.com.
To view our institution's contract with BankMobile Disbursements, a Division of Customer Bank, click here.