Faculty Resource Network
Faculty Resource Network News
Network Winter 2018
The 2018 Network Winter seminars, which will be held from January 8-12, 2018 at the
University of the Sacred Heart (Universidad del Sagrado Corazón) in San Juan, Puerto
Rico, will provide a comprehensive study of the power of the individual to affect
change, examining this theme from various disciplinary perspectives. The schedule
will include plenary sessions where each seminar convener will present an overview
of their seminar topic to the entire group of program participants. The following
seminars will be offered:
* Performance as the Embodied Text Of Caribbean Resistance
* The Power of One – A Political Perspective
* Women’s Activism in the Americas
Application deadline is Monday, October 2, 2017.
Spring 2018 Scholar-in-Residence
The Semester Scholar-in-Residence program allows Network faculty who are either on leave or sabbatical from their home institution to come to New York University to engage in research, develop curricula, and/or produce manuscripts for publication during the Spring semester.
Application deadline for the Spring 2018 semester is Friday, September 15, 2017.
Need more information? Visit the Faculty Resource Network page at www.nyu.edu/frn for more information about our faculty development programs. Participation in Faculty Resource Network programing is free to Farmingdale State College full-time faculty.
The Faculty Resource Network (FRN) at New York University is an award-winning professional development initiative that sponsors programs for faculty members from a consortium of over 50 colleges and universities.
Farmingdale State College is a member of the FRN consortium which offers many fine opportunities for faculty growth, networking, scholarly activity, and publication. Some of the innovative programs provided by the FRN include:
- The FRN Summer Seminar series provides an opportunity for faculty to participate in a week long seminar on the NYU campus designed to further intellectual growth, sharpen skills, and provide networking opportunities with other scholars in their field.
- The FRN “Scholar in Residence” program allows faculty members to spend the summer, or who have obtained a sabbatical from their home institution, to spend a semester in residence at New York University and pair-up with a faculty mentor of their choice to complete a research project or other scholarly activity.
- The FRN January Research and Faculty Growth Seminar is held in a different location every year, in 2016 it will be held at the University of the Sacred Heart and the University of Puerto Rico.
- The FRN “Faculty Associate” program allows member faculty to access to the massive resources and data bases of the Bobst library for a semester. This is an excellent resource for beginning, pursuing or completing research projects and other scholarly activity. The Faculty Associate program also allows faculty to audit any class offered by NYU faculty during the academic year as well.
- The FRN Annual Symposium, (in 2016 to be held in Atlanta Georgia in November), provides a great opportunity for faculty to share the results of their research or pedagogical activities in a professional scholarly environment.
Above all, the Faculty Resource Network provides an excellent opportunity to network with other scholars in many disciplines, participate in stimulating faculty growth programs, and develop scholarly activity and publications. For more information, contact Dr. Jeff Gaab (email@example.com -- 631.420.2206) or visit the FRN website for the latest information at www.nyu.edu/frn