- B.S., B.Arch., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; M.S.Arch., Columbia University
- Registered Architect: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut; N.C.A.R.B.
- SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2000
Students can access course material by clicking on the highlighted courses listed below.
- Architectural Design I [ARC251]
- Architectural Design II [ARC253]
- Architectural Design III [ARC366]
- Construction Design [ARC272]
- History of Western Architecture [ARC362]
- Architectural Theory & Design Factors [ARC350]
- Applied Research Topics [ARC399]
- Graphics II (Auto CAD) [CON121]
Degree Programs in the Department of Architecture & Construction Management
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management Engineering Technology
Common ABET Course learning goals and objectives
See course material above for individual instructor's outline, syllabus, grading policy, course material, assignments, etc.
Other Time Commitments - Spring 2015
- CCTA (tenure) Committee, Chair: TBA
- ACT Student Club: TBA (faculty club adviser)
Student Advisement Notes
- Students must follow the course requirements as outlined in the College catalog for the year matriculated (requirements may change from year to year). Please download the College catalog at: www.farmingdale.edu/registrar/catalog.shtml.
- Students must follow all prerequisites. Rare exceptions are made at the discretion of the faculty and the Dept. Chair in writing.
- Faculty cannot make course substitutions, only the Dept. Chair can do so in writing.
- Faculty cannot overload a course, the Dept. Secretary keeps a waiting list for courses.
- Faculty cannot do transfer credit evaluations on the spot. Transcripts need to be submitted for formal review along with credit by evaluation as outlined in the catalog; everything is in writing.
- The Department has lists of approved technical electives in the curriculum. It also has lists for recommended math and science electives. There is no guess work, please see Dept. Secretary for these lists.
- The College Catalog lists the General Education Requirements and electives. You must select from this list (use the year you matriculated); no substitutions can be made.
- When I advise you in person or via e-mail, I'm not certifying the courses you have selected and there is no guarantee implied. I'm only advising you based on the limited information I have and the guidelines set fourth above. Ultimately you are responsible for meeting the requirements for graduation.
- After all is said, there may not be much for me to do but I still enjoy meeting with students and can advise on career strategies to achieve your goals... a warm welcome to please come visit!
Awareness of Self: Learning Styles & Typologies
- Index of Learning Styles questionnaire (NCSU)
- Index of Learning Styles test (Mat.Sc.& Eng.)
- VARK Learning Style questionnaire
- Bloginality simple Myers-Briggs test
- Jung Typology -|- Political -|- Spiritual Type
- Web Links: Outlook Mail; Secure Access; WebAccess; OASIS
- Great Buildings Collection: www.greatbuildings.com
- Facebook: Personal, ACT Club, Arch. History, Arch. Theory
(Professor's Friend Policy: I love my students but don't need to
know about your private lives so I decline all friend requests)
- Genealogy Homepage -|- NPR Radio Station WSHU
- New-age background piano: David Nevue