EducationPhD, Marketing & International Business, Georgia State University May 2014
MBA, Integrative Management, Michigan State University, Dec 2007
BBA, Supply Chain management, Michigan State University, Dec 2004
BiographyJoined FSC in 2014
Dr. Jing Betty Feng’s research interest revolves around the concept of organizational cross-cultural adaptation in the foreign environment. Her current research projects involve Chinese organizational behaviors, cross-cultural psychology, and creativity. Dr. Feng has published articles in International Journal of Business Information Systems, Asian Business & Management, Journal of Teaching in International Business, and Conflict Resolution Quarterly. Her research has been presented at international conferences including the Academy of Management (AOM), Academy of International Business (AIB), and International Association for Chinese Management Research (IACMR). At Farmingdale State, Dr. Feng teaches International Business, International Management, and Global Strategy. She is dedicated to developing the intercultural effectiveness of students through experiential learning and mentorship. She is currently served as the faculty advisor for NYS Business Plan Competition and International Business Club. Dr. Feng came to academia after seven years of industry experience in supply chain management in global firms such as Dell, Whirlpool, and CHEP.
- Kaul, M, Feng, J.B. & Mathiassen, L., 2017, A semantic sense-and-respond approach to IT-enabled buyer-supplier relationship management: an action research study, International Journal of Business Information Systems, 25(4), 427-455. [ doi:10.1504/IJBIS.2017.10005616 ]
- Guo, W.B., Feng, J.B., McKenna, B. & Zhang, P.Z., 2017, Inter-organizational governance and trilateral trust building: a case study of crowdsourcing-based open innovation in China, Asian Business & Management, 16(3), 187–207. [ doi:10.1057/s41291-017-0019-1 ]
- Feng, J.B., 2016, Improving intercultural competence in the classroom: A reflective development model, Journal of Teaching in International Business, 27(1), 4-22. [ doi:10.1080/08975930.2016.1172540 ]
- Liu, L.A, Lin, I. & Feng, J.B., 2014, Institutionalizing Sustainable Conflict Management in Organizations: Leaders, Networks, and Sensemaking, Conflict Resolution Quarterly, 32(2), 155–176. [ doi:10.1002/crq.21106 ]
- Feng, J.B., 2014, What is up with the U.S. big-box retailers in China? The cases of Home Depot and Best Buy, China Currents, 12(2).
- Feng, J.B. & Yu, L, 2013. Case study: Lenovo – The global challenger from emerging market. International Business: The New Realities, third edition, Cavusgil, S.T, Knight, G, & Riesenberger, J, Prentice Hall
- Feng,J.B., “Symposium: Cultural Identity Management in the Mixed Cultural Environment.” Panel Organizer at the Annual Academy of Management conference 2017, Atalanta, GA on August 7, 2017. Nominated as the Emerald Best International Symposium Award.
- Chiou, A.Y. & Feng, J.B., “The Bamboo-Ceiling or Not? Cultural Essentialism and Career Development in Asian-Americans, at the Symposium Cultural Identity Management in the Mixed Cultural Environment.” Presentation to the Annual Academy of Management Conference 2017, Atlanta, GA on August 7, 2017.
- Song, J., Feng, J.B. & Donthu, N, “Global Brands Personality and Equity Perception in Emerging Markets: A Comparison Study between the American and Chinese Consumers,.” Paper presented to the 26th Annual Annual Consortium for International Marketing Research Conference, Florence, Italy on June 22, 2017. Received CIMaR Best Conference Paper Award.
- Chiou, A.Y. & Feng, J.B., “What allows Asians in the US to break through the bamboo ceiling?” Poster presented at the the 2017 Annual Convention of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, San Antonio, TX on January 20, 2017.
- Feng, J.B. & Liu, L.A, “Innovation Norms: A new explanation of how national culture shapes innovation.” Paper presented to the 2016 the Academy of International Business – Northeast Conference, Philadelphia, PA on October 28, 2016.
- Jing B. Feng, Viswanathan, N. & Greenwald, L., “Peer-to-peer mentorship: Building intercultural competencies of college students.” Paper presented to the 2016 Mentoring Conference, Albuquerque, NM on October 27, 2016.
- Feng, J.B., Corner, AJ & Richter, U., “Sense of Power: a Barrier or Enabler for Cultural Intelligence?” Paper presented to the 2016 Academy of Management Meeting, Anaheim, California on August 8, 2016
- Feng, J.B., Liu, L.A., & Liu, Y-H, “Symposium: Global, Local, and Ambicultural Identities in Cultural Adaptation.” Panel presented at the 2016 Academy of Management Meeting, Anaheim, California on August 8, 2016.
- Feng, J.B., “Developing Intercultural Effectiveness in the Classroom: An Application of Reflective Learning.” Paper presented to the Academy of International Business 2016 Conference, New Orleans, LA on June 28, 2016. Received the CUIBE Award for Best Paper on Teaching International Business”.
- Guo, WB, Feng, J.B., & McKenna, B, “Inter-organizational Governance and Trilateral Trust-Building in R&D Crowdsourcing: A Case Study of Open Innovation in China.” Paper presented to the Local Context and Challenges of Innovation in China, London, UK on April 10, 2016.
- Feng, J.B., & Liu, L.A., “Multilevel Cultural Fit and Employees Engagement: a Multiple-Case Study of Chinese Firms Operating in the United States.” Paper presented to the Global Transformation of Work: Market Integration, China’s Rise, and Labor Adaptation, on March 17, 2016.
- Feng, J.B., Liu, L.A & Friedman, R., “Cross-cultural adaptation to functional fitness: Evidence from Chinese firms operating in the U.S.” Paper presented to the 2015 Academy of Management Meeting, Vancouver, Canada on August 10, 2015.
- Feng, J.B., “Symposium: Perception of and reaction to intercultural interactions: Individual and organization adaptation.” 2014 Academy of Management (AOM) Meeting, Philadelphia, USA
- Feng, J.B. & Liu, L.A., “Organizational cross-cultural adaptation: A multiple-case study of Chinese firms operating in the United States.” Paper presented to Presentation at AIB 2014, Vancouver, Canada
- Feng, J.B., Liu, L.A. & Jiang, C.Y., “Villager mentality: Toward conceptual clarity and implications for Chinese companies’ globalization.” Paper presented to IACMR 2014, Beijing, China
- Feng, J.B., Song, J. & Donthu, N.,“Cultural variations in global brands consumption: a study of Chinese consumers.”Paper presented to the 2013 The Middle Class Phenomenon in Emerging Markets, Atlanta, GA on September 27, 2013.
- Feng, J.B. & Liu, L.A., “How national culture influences national rate of innovation? A longitudinal analysis of 53 countries.” Paper presented to the 2013 Academy of Management Annual Conference, Orlando on August 10, 2013.
- Feng, J.B. & Liu, L.A., “How national culture influences national rate of innovation? A longitudinal analysis of 53 countries.” Paper presented to the 2013 Academy of International Business Annual Conference, Istanbul, Turkey on July 5, 2013.
- Feng, J.B.,“Organizational cross-cultural adaptation through social networks. Presentation.” Paper presented to the symposium on ASIA-USA Partnership Opportunities (SAUPO) 2013, Atlanta on April 19, 2013.
- Kaul, M., Feng, J.B. & MaMathiassen, L., “A semantic sense-and-respond approach to it-enabled buyer-supplier relationship management: an action research study.” Paper presented to the 2012 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Seattle on August 11, 2012.
- Feng, J.B. & Liu, L.A., “How national culture influences national rate of innovation?” Paper presented to the 2012 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Meeting, Atlanta on January 25, 2012.
- Feng, J.B. & Cavusgil, S.T., “Contrasting the evolution of middle class in advanced and emerging economies.” Paper presented to the 2011 Consortium for International Marketing Research, on April 9, 2011.
- Finalist for the Emerald Best International Symposium Award, Academy of Management, Atlanta, GA, 2017.
- The Best Conference Paper Award, 26th Annual CIMaR Conference, Florence, Italy, 2017.
- The inaugural CUIBE award for Best Paper on “Teaching International Business”, New Orleans, LA, 2016.
- External principle investigator for Chinese Multinational Companies Abroad: Strategy, Operation, and Impact, Rutgers University-Newark Initiative for Multidisciplinary Research Terms (RU-IMRT) Awards, 2015
- The Students First Grant, Farmingdale State College, 2015
- The W.E.B. Du Bois Faculty Student Research Experience, Farmingdale State College, 2014-2015
- BUS494 Global Strategy
- BUS 322 International Management
- BUS 280 International Business