Program Outcomes: Mechanical Engineering Technology (A.A.S)
- Graduates will have the knowledge and skills to enter careers in the design, installation, manufacturing, testing, operating, evaluation, technical sales, or maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Graduates will develop and maintain the knowledge and skills needed to identify, formulate and solve problems throughout their careers and will be able to enter the B.S. degree programs in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
- Graduates will exhibit an understanding of the necessity for personal integrity, ethical behavior, cultural awareness and lifelong learning.
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- An ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements, and to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments.
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.