Student Success Center
The Farmingdale State College Student Success Center is located on the first floor of Greenley Hall, across from our Library, the Student Success Center provides a broad range of services designed to encourage and support students in their academic, personal and professional growth as they discover and develop their abilities.
One of the purposes of the Success Center is to aid all of first year students in the transition to becoming a focused and dedicated successful student. The Success Center also provides student success workshops for all students. Students attend seminars that enhance researching, test-taking, and time management and career issues. Additionally, when classes are in session, the Success Center coordinates a myriad of student services such as:
- Workshops, Seminars and Programs as stated above
- Welcome Weeks each semester- Distribution of Student Handbook/Planners
- Collaborate with Campus Mental Health Services and Health and Wellness
- Collaborate with the Office for Students with Disabilities
- Career Development services/counseling
- Collaborate with Tutoring, Writing and Math Centers
- New Leadership Development Program
- Coordinate & Sponsor Late Night Breakfast/Study Sessions each semester
- Open computer labs and Common area
- E-Resource area with flat-screen TV and additional computers for everyone
- Professional offices/Reception Area
- Lounge area/coffee bar/comfortable seating
- Wireless networking/laptop ports
In the SSC, students learn to access College services and resources and obtain timely information.
Marguerite Fagella-D'Aloisio, MA
Director of the Student Success Center
BS - Instructional Support Associate
Student Success Center - 9:30am - 5pm Mon.-Fri.
Books and Beans Lounge - 9:30am - 11pm Mon.- Thurs. Fri. 9:30-5pm