Students and Alumni: Register for CareerConnect
CareerConnect is a web-based platform for accessing:
- Full-time jobs for upcoming graduates and alumni
- Part-time jobs
- Paid and unpaid internships for students
- Career exploration tools
Use CareerConnect to:
- Schedule an appointment in the Career Center
- Upload your resume, cover letter and other documents for employers to view
- Explore career options with Career Explorer and Career Finder resources
Ready to get started? Visit FSC CareerConnect and register for a new account. Once your registration has been approved, you will receive an email confirming your username. You will be given a link to set your CareerConnect password. NOTE: This link will expire in 24 hours, after which time you can click on the link to be redirected to a page where you can request a new password link.
Additional Job Search Links: Located under our "Career Resources" tab
Employers: Register for CareerConnect
Posting Jobs & Internships
The Farmingdale State College Career Center has launched FSC CareerConnect!
This new site provides employers with the ability to:
• Visit one centralized online location to post and manage an unlimited number of jobs and internships
• Receive email reminders when a student applies for jobs and internships, as well as when a posting is about to expire
• View resumes of Farmingdale applicants
• Much more!
To register, please visit the Employer Page and register for a new account. Once your registration is approved, log in and take a look around!
To Create a New Job or Internship:
• Click on New Job.
• Enter position information.
• Fields with an * indicate required information. Fill out as much information as possible to make the job posting complete.
• Once approved, your listing will be visible to registered students and alumni.
If you experience any difficulty signing in or working with the new database, please email email@example.com or call 631-420-2296 with your questions. To learn about other ways to connect with Farmingdale students and alumni, please contact us.
The program offers eligible Farmingdale State College students hands-on experience in state government. The internship takes place during the 2018 spring semester however, the application deadline is in October 2017 and therefore, students should begin the application process as soon as possible. To assist students, we have scheduled several information sessions which will be held on the following dates:
· Thursday, September 7 11:00am-12:00pm BUSC Room 113
· Thursday, September 14 11:00am-12:00pm BUSC Room 113
· Tuesday, September 19 11:00am-12:00pm Campus Center Meeting Room B
The flyer can be found here.
In addition to valuable experience working in state government, the New York State Senate and Assembly Internship Program enables students to earn 15 credit hours and receive a stipend of $5,025. The legislative session begins every January and runs through May. Students may apply to both the Senate and Assembly Internships. Residence is in Albany the Spring Semester of 2018.
Interested students are encouraged to attend one of the information sessions. Students can also contact either Natalie Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students Must Apply Before September 12, 2017 Fall Application Deadline.
The New York State Department of Civil Service today announced the availability of more than 500 new student internships for the upcoming Fall Semester throughout New York State government. Student internships are available across a wide array of State agencies and include opportunities in finance, environmental conservation, criminal justice, health care, engineering, and a host of other professional disciplines.
New York State's one-stop website – nysinternships.cs.ny.gov – allows applicants to view job descriptions, create profiles, specify occupational interests, and upload resumes, writing samples, and letters of recommendation. Students can apply for multiple internships at the same time. A current list of available internships for the Fall 2017 Session is available at: https://nysinternships.cs.ny.gov/nnyl/main/viewinternships.cfm. For those students interested in a public service career, the Governor's Student Intern Program is providing internship possibilities to learn more.