Assessment Process and Deadlines
The organizational structure of assessment practices at Farmingdale State College describes a collaborative process among senior administrators, the College Planning and Resource Allocation Committee, an Assessment Advisory Board and four subcommittees. The subcommittees will review assessment plans and reports from the academic programs, general education, and non-academic, functional areas, and create annual reports on assessment activities that will be shared with the College-wide Assessment Advisory Board. The College-wide Assessment Advisory Board coordinates assessment processes on campus, offers feedback on assessment reports and serves as the liaison to the College Planning and Resource Allocation Committee, and ultimately, the President and senior administrators to facilitate the utilization of assessment results in campus resource allocation and decision-making.
Deadlines for the Academic Year
- Review the Schedule of Annual Assessment, Curricular Review & General Education Assessment from the Provost's Office:
- Applied Economics
- Architecture and Construction Management
- Automotive Technology, Automotive-Facility Mgmt - Software Technology
- Business Mgmt.
- Computer Systems
- Criminal Justice, AS
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Technology, BS
- Dental Hygiene
- Electrical Engineering Technology - Computer Engineering Technology - Telecommunications
- English and Humanities
- History and Politics
- Liberal Arts
- Manufacturing, Mechanical, AS-BS Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering Tech-BS, Mechanical Engineering Tech AS/BS, Software Technology, BS
- Medical Technology
- Modern Languages
- Professional Communications
- Science, Technology, Society
- Sports Mgmt.
- Urban Horticulture and Design
- Visual Communications
- By November 3rd, 2017 academic departments will submit their 2017-18 Assessment Plans.
- By June 15th, 2018, academic departments will submit their 2017-18 Assessment Reports and General Education Assessment Reports if scheduled.
- By November 2nd, 2018 academic departments will submit their 2018-19 Assessment Plans.
Non-Academic, Functional Areas
All functional areas follow the process outlined below. Not all goals will be assessed every year, but all goals should be assessed during a five year cycle.
Functional Area reports and plans should be submitted through BlackBoard. You can view a video with step-by-step instructions for uploading reports and plans to BlackBoard at: https://ensemble.itec.suny.edu/Watch/submityourassessmentreport
- By October 2nd, 2017 functional areas will submit their 2017-18 Assessment Plan using the "annual assessment plan for functional areas" template, along with any revisions to their goals.
- By June 15th, 2018 functional areas will submit their 2017-18 Assessment Reports using the "annual assessment report for functional areas" template.
- By October 1st, 2018 functional areas will submit their 2018-19 Assessment Plan using the "annual assessment plan for functional areas" template, along with any revisions to their goals.