Student Travel Policy for off-campus events and activities
This policy applies to all Farmingdale State College students traveling beyond the borders of the campus to a College-sponsored event. Its intent is to promote safe travel to and from such events. This policy does not apply to students traveling off-campus to events which are not college-sponsored.
- An approved chaperone must accompany all college-sponsored off-campus student events/activities.
- Students under the age of 18 years must submit written permission from a legal guardian (as listed in the college data base) to participate in any college-sponsored off-campus event. Legal guardian contact information must accompany the written permission.
- Students participating in any college-sponsored event/activity are required to follow all policies and procedures listed in the Student Code of Conduct.
- The faculty organizing a college-sponsored trip must submit a Request for Student Travel, approved by Dept Chair & Dean to the V.P. for Academic Affairs or his/her designee at least one week prior to the date of the event. Events not approved by these three administrating offices cannot be carried out.
- Staff organizing a trip must submit a Request for Student Travel, approved by Dept. Head/Director to the V.P. for Student Affairs or his/her designee at least one week prior to the date of the event. Events not approved by the designated administrative offices cannot be carried out.
- The chaperone is responsible for providing the names of all individuals attending the event, with their emergency contact information, to University Police, before leaving for the event.
- Only those with prior approval of University Police are authorized to drive College vehicles.
- All students participating in voluntary travel sponsored by the College must sign a Liability Release and Assumption of Risk form.
- A Travel Authorization form must also be submitted by faculty and staff