Non-Employee Travel (NET)
Your use of the State University of New York Non-Employee Travel card (NET Card) is subject to Office of State Comptrollers and Office of General Services Rules and Guidelines and the following terms and conditions:
You are being entrusted with a valuable tool – the Corporate NET Card – which is to be used for business travel expenses only. This card is to be used for non-employees only (i.e. students, student athletes, visiting speakers, and candidates). Because you will be making a financial commitment on behalf of Farmingdale State College, you must strive to obtain best value for the College by following established travel policies as appropriate.
Employee will complete a NET Card Application form. Employee will submit the form to their Supervisor for approval.
Supervisor will forward the completed Form to the Accounts Payable/Purchasing Department.The Accounts Payable/Purchasing Department will review the request, confirm need for card, and prepare application. New NET cardholders must attend a mandatory training session on the appropriate and non-appropriate use of their card and sign an Acknowledgment Form after receiving their card.
You must submit a Travel Authorization for every trip on the NET Card. The Travel Authorization must be approved by the supervisor and should be submitted 4 weeks prior to the trip. A Travel Authorization is required for every trip, be it for "Insurance Purposes Only," reimbursement method, or all charges put on your NET Card.
All charges made to your NET Card will be posted to a central bill. Before the next billing cycle a NET Reconciliation Form and all corresponding receipts for each trip must be submitted to Accounts Payable for payment. It is important that you promptly submit your supporting documentation with proper supervisor signatures in order for all charges to be reconciled. Failure to submit your paperwork in a timely manner may result in revocation of your travel card.
You may use the NET Card to pay for travel expenses for non-employee travel on official Farmingdale State College business only. You may not use this credit card for personal charges or for any New York State employee travel. The College and the Office of the State Comptroller may audit the use of your card and take appropriate action on any discrepancies or unauthorized charges. Any evidence that your card has been used fraudulently will require an investigation, after which disciplinary action may result. Fraudulent use may also result in criminal prosecution.
You must follow the policies and procedures established by the College for the use of this NET Card. Failure to do so may result in revocation of your user privileges or other disciplinary action, which could include termination of employment.
The NET Cards are the property of the College. You must return your card immediately upon request or upon termination of employment or retirement. Should there be any change in your employment status you must return this card.
If your NET Card is lost or stolen, you must notify Citibank and the Accounts Payable Office immediately.
The College may change the terms and conditions or its policies and procedures concerning use of this corporate travel credit card at any time and you must comply with these changes.
The Non-Employee Travel Card Program is intended to reduce the amount of non-employee out-of-pocket expenses when traveling on behalf of Farmingdale State College. The NET Card program is a privilege and will be monitored by Accounts Payable to ensure all purchases meet approved guidelines. NET Card privileges will be revoked for cardholders who utilize the card for unapproved expenditures.
Continued misuse of the NET Card will jeopardize the future of the Travel Card program for the entire campus.
Allowable use of the NET Card includes costs for
- Commercial transportation
- Rental vehicles
- Meals (as described below)
- Gas for rental vehicles only
- Miscellaneous expenses while in travel status
The NET Card should not be used for:
- Gas for personal vehicle
- Food expenses for staff meetings and retreats
- Personal use of any kind
- Alcoholic beverages
- Incidentals on hotel bill (gym/spa charges, and movie rentals)
- Cash advances
- Procurement of goods or services for the department
Purchasing Meals with NET Card:
- If cardholders choose to use the NET Card to pay for meals, the allowance for meals, including gratuities shall be limited to actual cost up to the maximum Per Diem meal allowance based on location of lodging or the Per Diem meal allowance set forth by the governing agency (such as NCAA).
- An itemized receipt for meal purchases is required.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be paid with NET Card.
- If meals are provided or paid by another source related to the scheduled event, the traveler will not be reimbursed.
Reconciling and Reporting:
- The original receipts for all items charged on the NET card need to be submitted, with a corresponding NET Reconciliation Form for each trip, to the Accounts Payable Office (Whitman Hall Room 271)
- Timely submission of all documentation will make this reconciliation process successful. This process helps to ensure there is no duplicate payment of expenses and that all expenses related to one trip are accounted for.
As part of the monthly reconciliation, any charges that are unable to be offset against allowable costs/expenses per SUNY guidelines must be paid back to Farmingdale State College via check. The check will be made payable to Citibank and sent to the Accounts Payable Manager together with the NET form reconciling that trip.
Failure to submit monthly documentation and reimbursement may result in an immediate credit limit reduction to $1 until such time the violation is corrected.