In the event of an item(s) needing to be returned, please take the following steps:
- Call the company and explain the situation. Have them issue you a return merchandise
authorization number (RMA#). If the company is at fault, then they will probably pay
for shipping. Please have them clarify who is to pay for shipping. If they will, then
they may send you a return tag or one may have been provided in the box when they
shipped the products. Also find out if they will come to pick up the boxes or if we
are to ship them.
- Email the Purchasing Office with the following information:
- The original PO number
- The account number
- The name of the riginal requisitioner
- The items being returned
- The reason for return
- The RMA#
- Who is paying for shipping
- If they are picking up the shipment or if we are to send it back.
- The address the items are to be returned to.
- Once you have emailed Purchasing, staff will put together a return authorization form and send a copy to your department, accounts payable and central receiving.
- Once you receive confirmation from purchasing, then you can contact central receiving to have them pick up the merchandise.