Ready to Apply?
File your application
online through SUNY's
Apply Now

Home :: Administration :: Administration-Finance :: Facilities - Use of Campus Facilities Procedures

Use of Campus Facilities Procedures | Campus Policies

Joanne Ulrich, Acting Use of Facilities Coordinator
Horton 155

Use of Campus Facilities:
College facilities are primarily used by College faculty, staff and students, for pedagogical, cultural, recreational and internal organizational activities, in support of the College’s mission. These activities include, among others, classroom and lab instruction, research, College-sponsored conferences, department meetings, and student-club events. Campus facilities are also available to non-College (external) organizations, subject to certain terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are explained in detail in the Revocable Permit, which is issued to all external groups authorized to use campus facilities.

Any external groups wishing to use campus facilities must complete and submit a Non-College Organization Request Form to the Office of Administrative Services, Horton 155. It is important to note that no external group will be permitted to use campus facilities without written approval from Administrative Services. Some circumstances also require internal departments to submit an Internal Request Form to Administrative Services. There are guidelines below that should clarify when and whom to contact to reserve use of facilities.

Liability Coverage:
All external groups must secure appropriate liability insurance coverage naming the State University of New York and Farmingdale State College as additional insured for each of the dates the group plans on using College facilities. A certificate of insurance must be forwarded to Administrative Services prior to the event, (preferably thirty days prior). The College will not finalize the approval process until such certificate has been received. Appropriate liability coverage is detailed in the Revocable Permit.

College Assessed Fees:
All requests for use of campus facilities by external groups will be assessed certain fees. Fees are categorized as: Usage, Equipment, Labor, and Liability. Fees will be based on explicit and implicit needs, as determined by the College. An invoice will be provided indicating individual and total fees. In the event that a specific fee can not be pre-determined, an estimate will be provided and an accurate fee will be calculated at the conclusion of the event. Estimates will be clearly indicated as such on the invoice, as well as the permit.

Fees Charged by External Groups:
Promotions (i.e. publications and advertisements) indicating event fees, such as registration, admission, or entry, must clearly and explicitly identify the sponsor for the event. These promotions must also clearly and explicitly indicate that the College is not benefiting or realizing revenue from such fees.

Use of the College’s Name and Address:
External groups may not use the College’s name, logo or trademark as part of its name or address without the written authorization of the President of the College, or his designee. When addressing the location of the event, the organization must use the following address:
            Farmingdale State College, SUNY
            2350 Broadhollow Road
            Farmingdale, NY 11735

To Schedule an Event:
Registrar: Schedules all credit courses and their special needs (i.e. finals).
Student Activities: Schedules all student-club meetings, NOT club events.
Continuing Ed/ILR: Schedule their classes (coordinate special needs with Administrative Services).
Conference room coordinator: Schedules conference rooms when used exclusively by internal departments.
Administrative Services: Schedules everything else.


  1. An external group requesting…anything - contact Administrative Services (AS).
  2. Faculty scheduling a make-up - contact the Registrar.
  3. Staff reserving conference room for campus & off-campus attendees – contact AS.
  4. Chairperson scheduling any event for our students – contact AS.
  5. Student-club scheduling any event – contact Student Activities (coordinate with AS),
  6. Faculty reserving conference room for dept  meeting – contact the secretary.
  7. Faculty reserving conference room for an external group’s meeting (which s/he may be a member) - contact AS.
  8. When in doubt - contact AS.

To Request Use of Campus Facilities:
(Steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be skipped for requests made by, and for, the exclusive  use of campus faculty, staff and/or students.)

  1. External organizations must submit an External Organization Request Form and internal groups must submit an Internal Request Form to Administrative Services.
  2. Administrative Services will draft a permit and assess fees. The permit and invoice will be returned to the permittee (group requesting use).
  3. The permittee must return the fully executed permit, payment and a certificate of insurance prior to the event. 
  4. If required, the permit will be forwarded to SUNY legal counsel to obtain the State Attorney General’s and the State Comptroller’s approval.
  5. Only once we receive a fully executed permit, payment and certificate of insurance, will the permittee receive formal approval for use of campus facilities.
  6. Administrative Services will coordinate activities with all internal agencies – ensuring proper setup, coverage and other internal arrangements lead to a successful event.