Policies and Procedures
Under development - new policies and procedures to be added as they're created and approved
This list is meant to provide quick access to Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures and will be added to as new policies and procedures are developed.
If you have difficulty accessing, printing or using any of these documents, please contact EH&S at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EH&S documents are subject to revisions on a regular basis. Please make sure that you are viewing or downloading the latest revisions.
Through policies, procedures and training, the goal of EH&S is to provide the Farmingdale State College Community with a healthy and safe working environment.
Good environmental health and safety practices, including compliance, are the responsibility of every faculty member, staff employee, student and visitor at Farmingdale State College. As such, Farmingdale State College shall make all reasonable efforts to:
- protect the health and safety of faculty, staff, students, visitors, and the surrounding community;
- provide safe workplaces - academic, research and administrative;
- provide information and training to faculty, staff, students and visitors about potential environmental, health and safety hazards;
- develop and promote the adoption of environmental health and safety best practices;
- identify and correct environmental health and safety hazards, and encourage the reporting of hazards and safety-related incidents;
- work cooperatively with Nassau and Suffolk County, the State of New York and regulatory agencies to promote a safe and healthy environment; and
- comply with applicable environmental health and safety laws, regulations and consensus standards.