Curriculum Information Guide
Business ManagementDr. Nanda Viswanathan, Chair
Business Management Dept.
School of Business
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management is designed to prepare students for a wide choice of business and managerial careers. The program provides for a rich exposure to business issues and functions through introductory and core business courses. In addition, the program provides for a significant portion of the degree to be self-defined through elective courses. Through consultation with faculty and program advisors each student is advised with an individualized set of courses designed to best serve the career goals of that student. Students may choose to focus on specific areas of business such as Accounting, Management, Marketing, and International Business or choose from a wide variety of courses in Business Computer Systems and/or Sport Management.
Typical Employment Opportunities
Management and Leadership
Accounting and Finance
Production, Quality Control, Inventory and Logistics
Business Management (BS) Program Outcomes:
- Graduates will have the necessary skills to understand and perform in different areas of business in the modern world economy.
- Graduates will be effective communicators and possess critical thinking skills necessary to analyze and solve problems.
- Graduates will function well in teams, develop creative problem solving skills and have the ability to use current technologies in management contexts.
- Graduates will have an understanding of social and ethical issues, data analysis skills, financial theories, and a knowledge of the global economic, political, and legal context within which businesses function.
- Graduates will have an appreciation of markets and organizational behavior, organizational systems and processes, and learn to work effectively in a diverse environment.
|Fall 2017- Subject to Revision|
Please refer to the General Education and Writing-Intensive Requirement Sections of the College catalog and consult with your advisor to ensure that graduation requirements are satisfied.
Degree Type: BS
Total Required Credits: 124
Admission to Farmingdale State College - State University of New York is based on the qualifications of the applicant without regard to age, sex, marital or military status, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.